Cleaning ceramic tile floors is a really tedious process and task. We like them though because they’re durable, but like all floors, they need special care and cleaning. If you are stressed enough, then you need some no-sweat kind of tips and tricks to help you. Here are some smart ones I have used for a while now to clean ceramic tile floors.
1. First of all, vacuum your tile floors a couple of times a week. You don’t want grit and sand to scratch the surface.
2. Now, get ready to mop. Removing the dirt was the first and hardest step, trust me. It gets flawlessly from now on!
3. Make a solution by mixing a mild detergent with hot water and apply it with your mop.
4. If you notice the bucket gets dirty, you need to change it so you won’t have a dirty mop that leaves a cloudy film on the floor. Crystal clear, am I right?
5. However, if you still get that cloudy film on your ceramic tile floor, use an all-purpose cleaner.
6. The best one is the homemade one. Mix lemon juice or vinegar with hot water. Apply it to the floor and then wipe carefully with a clean cloth. You could also use a towel to wipe with your foot.
7. One of the most important secrets in figuring out how to clean ceramic tile floors is keeping the grout clean. We can all agree that grout is porous and it absorbs dirt, grease, and other materials quite quickly. Thus, use a mild bleach solution for this. Make sure to wear gloves and for deep stains, let the solution to act for 10 minutes. For a thorough cleaning, use a toothbrush to scrub the grout easily.
8. Do you get stubborn grout stains? Well, you are in luck. Mixing a paste of baking soda and water does the trick. Apply it to the stain, let it sit overnight and then scrub with a nylon brush. Using this kind of brush you won’t end up scratching the tile and causing more damage. Let the grout air dry, then seal it with a silicone-based grout to prevent any future stains and dirt.
9. In the case of coffee, tea or juice stains, wash the tile surface with hot water and detergent, then blot with hydrogen peroxide. again, wear gloves and proceed with caution.
10. the grease stains can be cleaned with club soda and water. For ink stains, soak a cloth in diluted bleach and lay it on top of the stain. Leave the cloth until the stain is gone. Rinse thoroughly when done.