Cleaning the washing machine is very easy, because it involves using some simple and handy solutions. You may think that the washing machine cleans by itself, but that’s not true! Every time you do the laundry, your washing machine accumulates dirt and other laundry residues, and mold installs on the rubber band from the front load.
After several months of use, you can see that the rubber band has some small black stains and the laundry smell a bit awkward. This is a sign that the appliance may be contaminated with mold.
It is the same mold that loves the humidity that can affect the bathroom and the kitchen over time.
– White vinegar
– Baking soda
– Essential tea tree oil (optional)
– A sponge
– Protective gloves
1. Vinegar is acidic and can easily burn if it comes into contact with sensitive skin.
2. It is also self-evident that you should avoid inhaling baking powder.
Instructions to clean the washing machine:
1. Don’t put more than 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
2. Dilute the vinegar with water in a 2-1 or 3-1 ratio and pour it into a spray bottle.
3. If the smell of vinegar disturbs you, add a few drops of essential oil, such as tea tree oil, lavender or citrus.
4. Spray directly on the affected area and leave for a few hours to act.
5. Then clean the place with a brush and wipe it thoroughly.
6. Let the door of the washing machine open to dry completely.
7. Run a quick rinse cycle before use, to get rid of vinegar smell.
8. Repeat these steps every month to avoid mold reappearance.
You can also use a dehumidifier in the room where the washing machine is, to avoid mold reappearance.
Image Credits: Thehappierhomemaker