Salt is one of those miracle products you can find in every household for hundreds of years, is cheap, handy and can be used for many things. Sure, when they invented all kinds of substances that are more or less perfumed specialized for hands, skin, etc, we have forgotten about the many benefits of our ancient sodium chloride.
Specialists say that there are over 14,000 ways to use salt beside cooking. Here are some of them:
– Pour salt and hot water periodically in the kitchen sink leaking; the pipes will prevent fat accumulation and annihilate odors;
– Brooms will last longer if before using you dip them first in hot water with salt;
– If you spilled wine on the tablecloth or carpet, cover the stain well with paper towels, to absorb as much liquid, then sprinkle salt on the stain liberally; the remaining liquid will be absorbed by the salt, and a few hours later just have to scrape and vacuum the salt on the carpet and rinse with cold water;
– To remove mold or rust stains, moisten them with a mixture of salt and lemon juice, leave them in the sun a few hours then rinse and leave it to dry;
– If you don’t have an iron with Teflon soles and you put the too hot iron a couple of times on the laundry, you can remove the burned debris by sprinkling salt on a sheet of paper and going with a hot iron over it;
– To whiten yellowed sheets or tablecloths of cotton or linen, boil them an hour in a solution of salt and baking soda;
– Curtains will be whiter if, after you wash them, you leave them a few hours in cold water with plenty of salt; in addition, the salt will give a discreet sparkle;
– To remove sweat stains, pamper them until they fade with a towel dipped in a solution of four tablespoons of salt and one liter of hot water;
– Add a pinch of salt in a glass vase with flowers to keep them fresh longer;
– Lime and other minerals inside the aquarium disappear if you rub them with salt; rinse thoroughly before you put the water for fish;
– If you do grill and grease dripped on the coals, causing them to burn too much, throw some salt over them: will calm the flames and coals will not make so much smoke;
– Rub your windshield on winter with a damp cloth bag in which you put fine salt – windshield will not freeze and will not accumulate so much snow on it.