The unpleasant odor found in the refrigerator, for no apparent reason, offers many unpleasant moments. Every time you open the fridge, a bad smell hits you in the face! Well, you should definitely try one of the following tricks to get rid of the unpleasant fridge smell.
10 Secrets from Chef to get rid of the unpleasant smell from the fridge:
1. Put in the fridge small dish with active powdered charcoal. It will absorb the unpleasant odors overnight.
2. Wash the refrigerator and wipe it with a towel soaked in vinegar. Leave for a couple of hours a small bowl with vinegar in it.
3. Dilute ammonia with water (1: 1) and clean the refrigerator. Don’t close the door until the smell of ammonia is completely evaporated.
4. Coffee beans
The unpleasant fridge smell can be removed using coffee beans. Put freshly ground coffee into a container without lid. Coffee will cover food smells. Coffee beans also remove other unpleasant odors in your home, so use it confidently.
5. Lemon juice
“The lemon juice eliminates especially the smell of fish and garlic. Squeeze a lemon, and keep the juice on one of the fridge shelves. The same can be done with other citrus fruits such as oranges. ”
6. You can clean the fridge with baking soda. Mix ¼ cup of baking soda with ¼ cup of hot water, and clean the fridge with this paste.
7. Put a bowl with wet oats inside the fridge. The bad smell will disappear overnight.
8. A small bowl of baking soda placed on one of the shelves of the refrigerator helps you to eliminate the unpleasant odors very quickly. Baking soda absorbs the smell of food with a strong impact.
9. Put in a small bowl the remaining coffee grounds (attention to be at room temperature, not hot). The smell is absorbed within 1 hour, but you can keep it longer if you want). You may change it every 3-4 days.
10. Used green tea bags eliminate the odors.
Image Credits: Goodhousekeeping