Do you want to clean and polish the floor without ruining it, especially without exposing your family and furniture to chemicals that attack wood? See how you can prepare a solution with natural ingredients for your flooring.
– Mix 1 cup of vinegar with 10 drops of peppermint essential oil and wash your floor with this solution. The room will smell fresh and clean and your floor will be disinfected as well.
– Another option is to mix ¼ cup of borax with ½ teaspoon of mild liquid dish detergent.
– Dishwashing detergent can be mixed in a ratio of 1/8 cup with ½ cup vinegar and the solution will give a shining look to your flooring.
– For very dark flooring is recommended mixing ¼ cup of black tea, 1/8 cup of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of liquid dishwashing detergent.
– A complex blend that cleans and polishes natural wood flooring is prepared from: ½ cup vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil soap, ¼ cup of alcohol, 2 cups hot water and essential oils for fragrance.
For floor polishers
– You need ½ cup of lemon juice, ¾ cup olive oil and 3 liters of warm water.
Another mixture that seems to work both for cleaning and polishing of wood floors is made from olive oil, lavender essential oil and two tablespoons of vinegar to 2 liters of warm water.